Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ragnarok roll out

Well a bit of time has passed so I thought you guys might like to see what became of the Ragnarok I was showing off last time. I decided to go with a winter scheme, but rather than white, do a very light grey. Mabye I'm just terrified of white, but the idea of trying to weather it seems extremely daunting, and after putting the effort into converting up this beasty I didnt want to see it end up in the trash pile.

I used a number of techniques for weathering. For the chipping I took a sponge, cut it up and rubber banded it onto an old brush before lightly stippling on violet olive all over the tank. Rusting was achieved with washes rather than pigments, as I found it to be subtler. track mud was MiG's Russian Earth applied liberally.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment: