Thursday, July 15, 2010

Soviet armor finished Showcase and some more US armor

The other little thing I've been working on, I finished up my Soviet Armored company :)

Group shot

Photobucket

T-72BV platoon

Photobucket

T-80BV platoon

Photobucket

Motor rifle platoon and Company HQ

Photobucket

Mortars

Photobucket

Company HQ with AT-4 and SAM

Photobucket

squad 1

Photobucket

squad 2

Photobucket

squad 3

Photobucket

All thats left is to add a SU-25 at some point :)

I also finished up and M1a1 platoon

Photobucket

and some hummers

Photobucket

This army still requires 3 more Bradleys, 2 Vulcans, 12 more infantry, another TOW team and an AC-130 Gunship for extra fun time

9 comments:

  1. Really nice paintjob

    Are these 20mm or 15mm? and t-72s and t-80s are from which manufacturer?

    P.S. Shouldn't it be BTR-70 or even BTR-80 in this armoured company. It's from the late 90's when BTR-60 were rather already removed from the first line units?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)

    They are 15mm from QRF and Skytrex.

    These are late 80s, so I think the BTR-60 was still pretty wide spread. Looking at photos from Afghanistan they seem to be everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were mostly used by the Afghan government forces. During mid 80's in Soviet units they were replaced by BTR-70s. However some still were used in command variants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what rules are you using to game with these guys?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your work. Maybe a bit more highlight, or you simply wanted to keep a very clean look?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Braxen

    I used to highlight, but decided to go for the clean look, as I feel it is the most effective in 15mm

    @Honda

    I use Force on Force by Ambush Alley Games. The most fun and dynamic set of rules I've come across

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hell yeah!

    I am always looking for a blog, where I could see such models. Well done - models look great! What system are using to play?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Fenris, I use the Force on Force ruleset.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. What was the paint receipe on these units?

    ReplyDelete