Sunday, September 19, 2010

Super heavy artillery, giant apcs, a weird week

This week I decided to take a break from painting the armored hordes and paint some slightly different tanks!

First up I decided to tackle my Imprint BMP-3. This is an absolutely wonderful 28mm kit, with a cast quality in resin I've never encountered before. I went for a pretty regular modern Russian camo scheme. Unlike US forces, there are alot to choose from :P

Photobucket

Photobucket

and pictured here with her 15mm buddy

Photobucket

Next up I went after Sloppy Jalopy's BMP-2. After the stellar experience of the last kit I must say this one was far less fun, with alot of cleanup and poorly fitting bits

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After this I went for QRF's lovely Pion kit. For those not in the know the Pion was one of those crazy inventions the soviet's came up with in the twighlight of the Cold War, mounting a 203mm nuclear capable cannon on an extended T-80 chassis. This will most likely be an objective in some of my FOF games, I'll get around to adding crew eventually

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally I threw together one of the 1/100 blackhawk kits I've had laying around

Photobucket

Photobucket

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Just out of interest, what scale helicopters are you using???

    thanks
    Sgt Lee

    ReplyDelete