Friday, October 15, 2010

Syria gets its first armor

Its been a while since I've painted desert armor and I was feeling a little rusty, but after playing around with MIG's washes I am pretty happy how this guy turned out. Hes a Skytrex T-55 with some reactive armor chucked on. While the armor connoisseur will quickly note that this is not a true T-55MV, I thought the addition of the ERA bricks really made the model pop, and am quite happy with how it turned out. Given its brightness I decided to weather it a fair bit more than its darker European cousins, the schemes of which don't really show off good weathering.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I also finished up a few more Syrians/generic middle eastern troops, including an SPG-9 weapons team. I decided to make their kit more eclectic, as it gave them more character.

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Dang, I wish I could paint like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks guys!

    @brian: Dang I wish I could SCULPT like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to reproduce that light green, what color(s) are you using?

    Thanks,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete