Thursday, November 11, 2010

MOAR SYRIAN ARMOR

Hey hey hey, whats that? More tanks for Syria??? Why the fuck not? This week I decided to update QRF's T-62As to the BV standard. I love how awkward these guys look decked out in their reactive protection.

Usual accuracy caveats apply, I am well aware there are more reactive tiles in reality, but I think I got the overall look down :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Geoff also accidentally sent me a T-72MV instead of the Kontakt-5 panel mounting one I required and in his usual friendly manner dispatched a replacement. In the mean time I painted up the missend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also managed to find a 1/100 MI-8 on ebay, this model was a nightmare to strip and repaint, but I got there! I wasn't completely happy with the chipping experinment I carried out on him - the idea was the chopper arrived in typical soviet green primer and has been losing its desert scheme. Grey just contrasts better. Oh well, lesson learned!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also repainted my Cold War SF operators to look more theater appropriate.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next week I'll finish up a bunch of hummers and this little beasty - a T-55m5 converted from the QRF T-55m

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic stuff! Will you be gaming with them, and if so what rules?

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, I use Force on Force as my ruleset

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you did with the SF figs, care to share what paints you used and how you did them up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the window reflection effects you've achieved.

    I don't think much of the combat survival chances of the SF guy - the one with the red cap :)

    Great blog, thanks for sharing. I have enjoyed my visit.

    Sigmar
    my Gallery
    my Battle Reports

    ReplyDelete