Wednesday, June 8, 2011

4th generation tanky goodness

Ever since I first saw the TUSK (tank urban survival kit) for the M1 I have been in love. The look of the thing propels what has become the benchmark for 'normal' in tank construction into the supremely surrel and weird. The amount of doodads and tacticool features that the TUSK kit brought to the M1 converted it from the supreme tank-killer of the 1980s battlefield into a weird urban fighting vehicle that is often difficult to distinguish under all that bling. When GHQ did their take I new I had to have a go.

Given the amount of different forms we've seen the TUSK package deployed in, I decided to get rid of the trash-bin style commander's shield and just retain the perspex plates along side the .50.

Photobucket

Photobucket

While working on these I decided to beef up my Saudi forces

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also bulked up my USMC platoon to full strength and added some trees?

Photobucket

Photobucket

and of course we always need to have a nice field to play on

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Where are the buildings from ?
    Very nice PJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work tacobat.
    What's the source for your palm trees?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Z scale palm trees on ebay :P

    ReplyDelete