Saturday, November 26, 2011

Air droppable, combat ready

As you may have ascertained from previous postings I have something of an irrational attraction to VDV stuff. This week I decided to dust off a conversion of the BMD-3Z that has been sitting around for a while and get some paint on it. As far as I can tell this vehicle doesn't actually exist in real life, but I always liked the idea of whacky crew served weapons on AFV chassis and the soviets did do one on the BMD-1/2 hull, so I thought I could get away with it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I also stripped the BMD-3 and Shilka previously posted and redid them

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Everything excellent but why Chech insignias?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had thought they were supposed to be Russian, but that does look like a back to front Czech insignia, nice vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems I may have been mistaken, I was lead to believe the roundrels were a styized version of the Russian Federal flag

    ReplyDelete
  4. What paint have you used as base green colour?

    ReplyDelete