Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Russian paratroopers jump in

I'm always quite hesitant to begin painting an infantry lot. I often spend more time painting an individual soldier than I do on a tank, largely due to the fact infantry is an entirely acrylic brushwork-related affair. Camo must be tackled by hand and eye, not by airbrush and a general rule of thumb, a process that can be excruciating at times. Details and gear are cluttered across small spaces, whereas tanks have large areas of uniformity. Nevertheless, battlefields are not made up of pure armor and infantry combat is generally more fun and chaotic on the table top, so we must persevere.


I've been working on getting my Russians ready over the last week and my energies have been focused on this VDV platoon. With only 8 troopers left this part of the project is nearly done. I was feeling particularly masochistic with this lot, so, in typical Russian fashion, decided to deck them out in an eclectic array of Soviet and Russian camo schemes :)


the week's takings

Photobucket


Command team with marksman, medic, RPG-7

Photobucket


RPG-7, AK-74 w/ optics, Rpg-18, PKM

Photobucket

AK-74, AKSU-74, RPG-29, RPG-18

Photobucket

RPG-7, RPK-74, AK-74

Photobucket


KORD HMG

Photobucket


Need to round out this unit with more RPK SAWs and a few more rifles, then its on to the French or USMC

6 comments:

  1. ЗА РОССИЮ МАТУШКУ!
    FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sso-phile I am very impressed by these! Well done.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found this blog, after a friend sent me the link. I'm not into historicals as much, but man, those are some inspirational paintjobs. Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look fantastic! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great what figures did you use? they look like Peter Pig

    ReplyDelete
  6. The base figures are Peter Pig, with lots of conversion work

    ReplyDelete