Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Relics of a fallen dynasty

I recently got the opportunity to pick up a few of the famous Pier's cast offs, including a couple M60s for a great price. Given that I have largely used Soviet vehicles for my Artesh units I thought it would be nice for a change, so when they arrived I promptly got to work 'Tacofying' the kits with lots of weathering, lenses and stowage.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also finished up the SandS MRAP cougar thing. The kit was a bit mangled castwise with lots of air bubbles, but weathering covered most of it, and what paint couldnt fix, stowage did.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous paintwork as always. Wish I knew how you do your windows and lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to get some MRAPs from Sandsmodels, but mangled with Air Bubbles sort of scares me. Also, what do you use for the antennas on your vehicles? I have been looking at various options.

    Anyways, really love your work. Top quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaun is considering redoing the moulds, he acknowledges they don't cast up as well as they could.

    I use really think plasticard tubes, I got a pack off ebay a while ago

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might be interested that AK interactive has released an acrylic that simulate US desert paint, one of the most elusive color to capture right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooo, will look into that! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing work on the M60 and the MRAP! I particularly like your technique for painting the vision blocks and also liked the UCP/ACU Pattern rucksack hanging from the side of the MRAP! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete