Sunday, March 11, 2012

Stryking at Iran

Took on a couple Strykers this week to give my grunts some wheels. Sadly the 1/72nd Stryker doesnt appear to have a bar armor or TROPHY add on kit, so I had to go with an unrealistic vanilla configuration (seriously no one thought about the 1/72nd RPG threat??? :P). They are Trumpeter pre builds repainted and weathered with MIG washes and Vallejo acrylics.

I had a spare can of USAF Tan laying around, so lazily decided to use it, actually quite pleased with the resulting color, as it proved much more durable under the MIG oil washes. They also don't sell an airbrushable US Tan color so you never get quite the right look. I will be using spray cans for my future US vehicles.

Also went with dark green for the chipping since the Strykers were all painted in flat green, including most in Iraq/Afghanistan.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. The green chipping really does give them even more of an authentic look. I'll be tracking down a can of that Tan spray for myself.

    ReplyDelete