Saturday, October 20, 2012

QRF Russian project update

I decided to force myself out of my 15mm lethargy and get some more work done on the QRF project. For this set I went with a early/mid 90s scheme we see on a lot of Russian armor in Germany. I'm actually not aware how widespread it was, but its a novel combination of grey/green/brown and something a bit different from the Russian schemes we see today.

Late model BMP-2s with the uparmored turrets. Although Geoff produces this model it doesn't appear available in the catalog much like the T-72BM w/ ERA.



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

BMP-3 early model.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

BRDM-2. The chunky little recon vehicle that always puts me in mind of a pig.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

And its slightly odder NBC cousin, the BRDM-RKH


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Awesome work, just started my own QRF BMP's they are looking at me across the table mocking me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just wondering what scale these are and where you get them? (im in Melbourne)

    I collect 1:72 scale Planes and Vehicles and getting anything non-USA can be a real pain. So far ive only managed to get a BTR-90 and a MiL 24 Hind

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are 1/100 scale, by QRF - www.quickreactionforce.co.uk

    ReplyDelete