Friday, April 26, 2013

Russians?!? In my Syria?!

just finished a bunch of Russian armor I decided to do the more standard woodland pattern on, very happy with the outcome.

Model Collect's new T90A. A real stunner of a model and I can't get over the awesomeness of the cast turret over the previous upgraded T-72b incarnation. Definitely recommend these fellows.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I simple greened the ###### out of the BTR-90 I had previously bedecked in desert white and remastered it. Again, very happy with the new incarnation. Even thinking of maybe adding some extra bar armor protection smile.gif

 photo BTR901_zpsf84d0af9.jpg

IPB Image

IPB Image

The previously-showcased 3d printed BMP-3. Seriously excited as to the power of this tech and where it will be in a couple years.

IPB Image

IPB Image

A GAZ 2975 "Tiger", Russia's attempt at a bigger, meaner version of the M1114

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I decided to add some stowage and spice up the Strykers too.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

After finishing these guys I managed to mash the main nozzle of my Iwata, so I am currently awaiting a replacement (80 bucks, sheesh). Also have picked up a new Iwata compressor, so I am looking forward to a more consistent airstream for my airbrushing. Next up I have a T62MV conversion I've been working on for a while that I hope will be the best attempt I've made at this vehicle yet.

IPB Image

Stay tuned

9 comments:

  1. Great paint job as always. But i see a mistake in slogan on BMP-3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent!

    I really like the red headlights on the T90 - looks like its staring at you with the eyes of a predator. Must be horrific at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always glad to see more Russian stuff.
    First off, who makes the Tiger?
    Also, what do you use for the ERA, such as on the T-62 here? I hope to convert the ERA from the Revell T-80BV into a T-72AV soon, but would like a less costly suggestion for the future. Thanks
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic work. I especially like the T-90 & all the stowage details on the Strykers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with Ben, who makes the Tiger? it looks really mean. great work all round, there are some really cool looking apc's here both Russian and American. but I still love that T-90, a meaner looking that western tanks even it its not as mean as them. great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is mind blowing! Wow-you are a blogging advert for modern warfare!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys!

    Dmitriy: Please elaborate! I got the slogan from a decal pack made by a Czech company, so I have no idea what it actually says :)

    Ben: the tiger is a kit made by Fabbri with a bit of conversion work by moi. The ERA is from an old ACE kit of the T-72AV. Its unfortunately that the SAAF seem to be one of the few armed forces to use the AV over the MV when it comes to K1 armor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is no grammar mistake, but logical. Decal from BTR-90 "Бродяга" (Vagrant) must be used together with decal from BMP-3 "Cибири" (of Siberia). That is one slogan "Бродяга Сибири"(Vagrant of Siberia), not separate words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool, thanks for letting me know! The way they were positioned on the sheet I assumed they were separate, but it appears not :).

    ReplyDelete