Monday, June 17, 2013

Abrams Bane

As any Russian armor aficionado will know, the Russian MBT has been at a severe disadvantage to its Western contemporary since the early 80s. The latest generation of T-72-derived platforms has sought to close this gap with the T-90MS

IPB Image

This beasty takes an entirely new armor package (Kaktus) and combines it with a new engine, FCS, gun and a variety of other features.

IPB Image

Given the future look to this guy I decided to go with a digital camo pattern utilizing the usual colors applied to Russian woodland. The end result looked a tad 'PLA' but I'm very happy with the outcome.

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is a Cromwell model I managed to wrangle through my 'source'. So nice to be able to finally get my mits on this stuff.

IPB Image

IPB Image

For my Syrians I put together an 'Afghanskii' Shilka by S and S. This is a Self-propelled anti air gun converted by the crew for urban warfare. In this capacity I left off the radar mast and put some 'redneck' armor along the sides in the form of pillaged construction material to help better fend off errant RPGs

IPB Image

I really love the Shilka, sadly its poorly represented in 1/72

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I also added some crew and bases to my other Syrian tanks

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

16 comments:

  1. That T-72 is freaking insane! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That T-90MS is.... WOW!, just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That digital camo is pure art, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a beast.

    Love the other ones to but that first one is a killer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! That thing certainly looks intimidating

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look amazing mate, I especially love the Shilka and its bodged armour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's some lovely painting! Is there a secret to doing digital or was it all tape and time?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Lord man! That is amazing stuff. Great that you could get your hands on a Cromwell model too! It's a shame - their armor and vehicles are nice looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really grat looking T-90MS/
    I aspire to paint the way you do. Your war gaming painting style is awesome! And you are but one of the very few modern military enthusiast I know! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All amazing work, but the T-90 is just lush, such a fantastic model & camo scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Outstanding work! I hope that T-90 becomes available in some other scales, and not via some kind of lame Kickstarter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're in luck, it looks like model-collect has one due out in July!

      Delete
  12. That T-90 MS is probably the coolest and best Modern Tank you have done so far. That is absolutely amazing. I'm continuing to experiment with my vehicles, but they come no where near as close to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really excellent work on all the models. But the T-90MS is outstanding...truly outstanding, Sir!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome! I want to get a T-90 MS... might not paint it blue like the other T-90 I did but still one modern looking beast! and that Shilka looks awesome I agree with you that it is under represented as I love it. not the most modern or best protected vehicle but it just looks rugged and reliable (exactly what you want from a Russian product).

    ReplyDelete