Sunday, July 7, 2013

Stop eating my sesame cake

herpa derpa derpity doo
I've run out of bandwidth, so on to host number 2

got a fair amount of 'odds n sods' done for this round.

First up, some more micro armor to add to the pile. Here we see a platoon of Iranian T-72S'.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Some more Shah-era equipment; a battery of early gen M109s, with a Gaz command vehicle.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Saudis also got some love, with a bunch of fireteams done up with a weird collection of Steyr AUGs and M60s.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Back in Allah's scale, I did up a couple vehicles for the MEU. Continuing the expeditionary feel, I left them in their woodland scheme.

First up was an M1A1 with some elements of the TUSK kit.

IPB Image

IPB Image

this fellow is looking very plain at the moment, and I need to deck him out a great amount of stowage to spice him up.

I also managed to get my hands on a fairly rare LAV-A2 resin kit. As any armor-loser will tell you, the trumpeter LAV is an early incarnation of the vehicle, with the modern vehicle having a new layer of addon armor, plus a few little other bits like increased commander's protection visual gear mounted on the turret.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Such a badass vehicle.

I also got a tester done for the contemporary Syrian infantry I have in the pipeline.

IPB Image

A generic DPM/BDU camo with Soviet-style webbing and PASGT helmet

Also got a few more devil dogs done, taking the advice of some of my commentors and giving them khaki gloves this time smile.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

Next lot I plan on doing in full desert MARPAT to keep it spicy.

10 comments:

  1. Really nice work, especially on the LAV. The weathering is tres impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks awesome as usual. I like the khaki ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work! What figures did you use for the Saudi fireteams? They look like GHQ, but which packs?

    --Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      They are converted modern Chinese infantry by ghq mixed in with some of thier older Vietnam range.

      Perhaps not 100% accurate, but I think at this scale it's forgivable :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome stuff. I really enjoy your posts and your minis look great.

    I have a request though, could you post some info about the scale you collect and the manufacturers you use, maybe even do a blog post about it. I'd love to learn more about where you get the minis from. Your painting and photos are so much better than whats on the online stores of some companies so you always inspire me to buy stuff but I never know where to go.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback, Glenn!

      Ill make sure to do a review post in the near future.

      Delete
  5. LOLOLOLOL can I ask about the title? I actually made sesame cake last week and kept shouting that. Congo is a classic movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as always your work is amazeballs

      Delete
    2. I literally ran out of post title ideas and reverted to my 5 year d self; a common occurrence.

      Delete
  6. It's all fantastic, but the LAV is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete