Saturday, August 24, 2013

BMPs into Syria

Back in the saddle, my first task has been getting some transport done up for my developing SAAF force. These kits are BMP-1s by S-model, comed with additional smoke launchers by Zedval and AT-5s by Elhiem. Together these produce the BMP-1P, a slightly less crap variant of the venerable platform.



Please forgive any errant flock; it still needs to be brushed off :)

Image

Image

Given the highly urban nature of the civil war, I also decided to add some additional armor to one.

Image

Image

Image

This still left a single remainder. I decided to do a conversion seen in the arsenal of many third world armies; removing the turret and adding a ZSU-23-2 anti-aircraft gun in its place. Now I am just waiting for the armory crewmen

Image

Image

Image

3 comments:

  1. Those look amazing, I like the extra armour, and your basing is always fantastic. The AA variant looks cool, if rather precarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love the ZSU-23-2 anti-aircraft gun conversion. What parts did you use to complete it? Very jealous. I guess I need to get off my lazy butt and finish my projects. You are making me look bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its the Gran ZPU, a bit fiddly, but gets the job done.

    ReplyDelete