Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Revisiting Khurasan modernzzz

So I relooked at my paint on the new Khurasan Arab Israeli range and decided to revisit and expand on some of it - improving some of the tanks, adding friends for others.

First up were the Sho'ts. I noticed via GIS that they all appear to have a canvas cover over the manlets, so I repainted those. I also added some exhaust trails on the rear to break up the monotone of the tan.

Image
Image
Image

Next up I stripped the green Soviet T-55 and repainted him to fit with the other Egyptian offering. On top of that I added a further tank to fill out a complete platoon.

Image
Image
Image
Image

Finally, I decided to strip the desert tan stryker I had done for Jon and repaint it in a classic green scheme using the modulation techniques I have been building up over the last month. Once again, the photos have washed out the contrast, but I'm still very happy with how it came out.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

3 comments:

  1. Really great work, though it pains me to imagine you stripping any of your amazing paintjobs. I really like the green on the Stryker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming you're using a lightbox and a camera with a deflected flash. That is to say that the flash is directed somewhere other than directly at the model, like the top of the lightbox. What you might want to try is taking the picture without flash and then using a great free Photo Processing tool like Picassa (from Google). Most of mine for the blog have simply had "I'm feeling lucky" and a little bit of the "fill light" function added to lighten them up. You could also try "auto contrast". Some of these steps might help show the modulation techniques better. It also has a watermark tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mark. Funnily enough I don't use flash and touch up digitally in Photoshop, so I'm not sure what is happening, precisely!

    ReplyDelete