Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Cromwell T-80U platoon

I finished up a batch of Cromwell's delicious T-80Us for funtimes in Syria and Tajikistan. In usual Russian style I decided to mix up the schemes - painting two in the light bone of Soviet vehicles seen in Afghanistan, and left the other in the more typical 3-tone woodland. The desert guys were modulated to give them a bit more depth.

Much to my chagrin I realized the AAMGs had horribly flimsy resin barrels, so had to purchase some fairly pricey metal replacements. I've since started constructing my own out of brass!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

To this day I'm still not sure what the deal is with the 'fins' at the bottom of the turret, since I'm fairly certain they aren't part of the functional K5 array. nevertheless, they add a certain aesthetic appeal to the whole vehicle I don't find in any other Soviet/Russian tank (or even the early models of the 80)

10 comments:

  1. Great looking stuff, as usual, Taco! Where in the world did you get Cromwells???? They are like the holy grail of 'little men'....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning stuff :)

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant as always!

    hey, Btw, Assemble then paint? Or paint then assemble and then paint again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool stuff! a cool looking soviet tank, turned into a cool little miniature, which has been painted well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah!

    Why does nobody do this tank in 15mm!?

    You did such a great job and it those little fins that make this my favorite version of the T-80. They do really add something to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tacobat, if I was going to do a quick, cosmetic drag on a T-80 into a T-80U, what would you say are the key elements besides the fins at the bottom of the turret?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tacobat, if I was going to do a quick, cosmetic drag on a T-80 into a T-80U, what would you say are the key elements besides the fins at the bottom of the turret?

    ReplyDelete