Monday, February 3, 2014

Soviet Army Showcase

Hey guys,

so my regular gaming buddy has gotten me hooked on Chain of Command; so much so that I've actually been working on something non-modern related for the past few weeks. The thing I really love about the CoC system is that it focuses on platoon-level engagements, with the assumption being you will always have the same core element, with a few additions chosen at your discretion. For me that provides a nice structure to paint/model by wherein I don't suffer 'collectors creep' and spiral off into a pile of never-ending lead.

enough waffling, on to the man dollies.

Platoon shot -

Image
DshK support element -

Image

Squad 1 -

Image

Squad 2 -

Image

Squad 3 -

Image

and the Big Boss, an IS-2 (which I found is a massive wrecker ingame, with germans scattering to the wind in its face) -

Image

Image

Image
so huge

Image

and hmm, what could this be?

Image

8 comments:

  1. Very nice Russians. The idea of a wargame where the core force is fairly set is appealing. Pity it's WW2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Eureka Bushmaster? Did you received the infantry to?

    As for the Russians, those bases are simply amazing. They look so nice…

    On the side note the t34 gun tube looks quite thick. Is it metal barrel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Full compliment of the new infantry range which I am painting up for their website :)

      T-34 is by PSC, so the whole thing is plastic.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the answer.

      Any chance for size comparison between Eureka and Khurasan infantry? I plan on buying Khurasan or Eureka infantry as from what I read those are not compatible size wise, but maybe when put together they will look ok. I'm very interested to see your take on Eureka Australians. At the moment I'm considering using them as Saudi infantry supplemented by Zvezda plastics.

      Delete
    3. Khurasan are considerably taller, but in terms of detail and crispness of cast-quality Eureka is always the deluxe end of the 15mm market.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful brushwork!!!!!

    What is your take on Chain of Command? I have bought into Bolt Action but not played it yet.

    Would multi based figures work with Chain of Command?

    Keep up the fantastic posts!

    ReplyDelete