Sunday, October 12, 2014

BIG Syrian tanks


Continuing my forays into the scale of my birth, I picked up a couple more 28mm vehicles, the T-72 from Imprint now Empress and the Shilka from HLBS.

Considering my usual scales, do these count as superheavy?

The T-72 was a marked improvement over the one I had previously worked on from a kit last time - both in terms of scaling with infantry, as well as just the proportions and details. I added a few bits and bobs just for zazz: fuel barrels, headlight cowls, MG sight, new barrel as well as removing the smoke launchers, as I've never been a huge fan on their placement on the T-72A.








 The Shilka was equally fantastic - the barrels were actually constructed from brass, making them super durable! Really neat.







3 comments:

  1. Both lovely looking models and great work once again on the painting. The Imprint kits are very nice but 28mm is just to big to game with for what I want to do for modern. Shame really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing as always. Who makes those 28mm figures in the first photo?

    ReplyDelete