Thursday, October 16, 2014

Ultramodern Russian Mega Update

 So, I've been something of a busy beaver of late. I'm moving at the end of the year, so I've developed the desire to get through as many kits as possible until then. Apologies for the formatting, Blogger was being....difficult

This round is a whole bunch of ultra modern Russian armor, enjoy!

First up, I decided to strip last week's BTR-80A and repaint it in brighter colors, I think it turned out better this round :)






Next up, a dreaded ACE BMP-2 with brass detailing. Thankfully I only want one of these!






I also did some Elhiem  KSK for a laugh for shenanagins in the Ukraine or some other foresty theatre




 Dabbled with the Model Collect T-90MS kit. Experimented with one of the more peculiar Russian camo schemes with this one.






 Last, but definitely not least, I had a go at one of the thermobarric TOS-1A monster. Apparently ISIS jacked one of these in Iraq this week!





9 comments:

  1. *gasp* a busy week indeed....
    Words don´t do them justice! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow just wow. Camo scheme and weathering on the T-90 is the stand out winner for me. But everything else is a close second. 'Dreaded ACE BMP-2 kits', great I just bought one of these to build myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff - who makes the BTR80A?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the hull is Easymodel, the turret Armory

      Delete
  4. I always forget how 'futuristic' the TOS-1 and the T-90 look.....fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent job! The camo on the T-90 looks great. Very well done on all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff, I particularly like how the BTR and TOS-1 turned out.
    I'm wondering if you have plans to tackle Zvesda's Topol and mobile launcher... that I'd like to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god don't tempt me. May have a crack when I settle into my new place next year

      Delete
  7. Hi there - just come across your blog and started following it. Your painting is outstanding - I love the modern Russian stuff you have been doing in 20mm and those digital camo paint jobs are just gobsmacking! As a result I am now putting together my purchases for a new period - UltraModern Russians here I come. All the best.

    ReplyDelete