Monday, June 15, 2015

Desert Siege

Been playing around with the epics of late. While I experimented with a browner scheme, I found this looked a bit dull, all things considered, so I went back to my original scheme, with a tad of an adjustment on the gray tones.

So far I've repainted my Cap Imperious to make it look a bit more dynamic:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Some enclosed Basilisks:

Image

Image

Image

And redid the Colossi:

Image

Image

Image

Also picked up a few of the 30k epic range to play around with, suspect this will end in me doing some Iron Warriors for fun. Did a tester Fellblade, just to see how it would turn out. Instead of doing a full metallic scheme, which I suspect would look pretty crap in epic, I went with grey and roughed it the hell up to reflect how battered IW equipment would get in prolonged fighting conditions.

Image

Image

Image

ImageI'll be basing the marines in a more verdant setting, to give a bit more visual contrast between the drabs of the armor and the environment. Just need to wait for some 5cm bases to arrive.

5 comments:

  1. Nice stuff! If I may ask where did you pick up the epic 30k stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are from a non-commercial enthusiast

      Delete
  2. Incredible work - amazing to see a Capitol Imperialis painted so well (& a rare model besides). I love all the hull detailing & the open rear with figures - & that you've even painted the hazard stripes on the officer's fething chainsword! Top notch. The other tanks are brilliant too - I like the shells being loaded on the artillery.

    ReplyDelete