Friday, September 4, 2015

Terrorist tanks
















Time to get us some terries.

So I picked up some of battlefront's T-55s on a sale and decided to paint them up as generic Syrian rebels/jihadists/ISIS types with equipment plundered from Iraqi and/or SAAF stockpiles.

Despite their roughness I think these are my favorite iteration of the T-55. They just reek of personality and the 'heroic' scaling really appeals. I'm not sure why, but I generally seem to prefer battlefront over other manufacturers when its available. Crew are a mix of Peter Pig, Battlefront and Khurasan.

Painting them up really reminded me of the importance of heavy weathering at 15mm. I haven't been particularly happy with my 'cleaner' US vehicles of late and decided to strip them and batter the hell out of them weathering wise.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image 
Definitely looking forward to the upcoming Cold War releases by BF.

8 comments:

  1. Love the lived in look of these beasts....nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning work! They certainly do look well used and maybe even in a beginning state of disrepair. Very fitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Soviet tanks, there is no such thing as a state of disrepair!

      Delete
  3. These are very well painted...well done with these and thanks for sharing. I can now use your pictures as a reference

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very well painted...well done with these and thanks for sharing. I can now use your pictures as a reference

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible detail - I love all that weathering.

    ReplyDelete