Sunday, December 27, 2015

Epic heresy: Hammer of the Thirteenth Legion

Epic heresy time again. The Iron Warrior project gave me some new techniques and styles to try out in 6mm, but I must admit the drabness of the scheme got fairly boring by the end. I've been having a hankering to do a more colorful, non-realistic style for a while and the Smurfs seemed just the ticket to scratch that itch.

After much airbrushing I've started to wade into pumping out some vehicles, starting with a bevy of super heavies: one Fellblade, one Falchion and one Glaive.


I decided to give the bases a bit more variance and color, just for flavor's sake. I also went with a bit more stark highlighting mixed with my standard weathering for a nice weird mix of contrasts.

Also pumped out a platoon of Predators and started on some vindicators for dat urban fighting. Unfortunately these didnt photograph as nicely given their teeny size.




Next time, I dabble in the Calth box set...

11 comments:

  1. Love them, turned out much better then my Epic smurfs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, I don't think so. Yours were the ones that convinced me to make the jump to epic 30k!

      Delete
    2. Lovely work. What rules do you use for 30k 6mm? Epic Armageddon, NetEpic or what?

      Delete
    3. None, this is purely a art project :)

      Delete
  2. Where do these vehicles come from? I wasn't aware that models for those tanks were made?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool work, great stuff. Do you have decals for the numerals? If you do, where do you find them? My freehand stinks...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Battle of Calth box set . You can find the sheets on eBay for next to nothing.:)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great painting!
    I'd love too getting some of those Fellblades...

    ReplyDelete