Sunday, January 8, 2017

The Lord of Iron

I've always had a fairly big soft spot for the Iron Warriors. They were one of the first complete armies I finished in my youth and the Siege of Hydra Cortanus was one of the more memorable 40k tales to me. As a result, I was always interested in trying to tackle the legion's founder, Pertuarbo and decided to bite the bullet a few months ago and pick up the model.

 photo Perty1.jpg

As with Angron, I decided to eschew the standard scheme on the model and opt for a sea grey base over the usual burnished metal we expect in the legion. This allowed for a bit more variance, with the joints, gunbarrels and other areas retaining their metallic finish distinct from the rest of the panoply.

 photo Perty3.jpg

Once again, I opted to bedeck the Primarch out with a helmet, as I felt it really suited the overall imagery of this walking tank. The Iron Warrior upgrades of the MK III Iron Armor seemed to fit suitably, with its enhanced optics.

 photo Perty2.jpg

I must say that the kit itself is a bit odd. Despite his HUGE base, the default position of perty actually has him leaning greatly to one side in a manner that suggests he is about to tip over. I tried to fix this a bit, but he still seems a tad imbalanced.

  photo Perty4.jpg

Even compared to his other contemporaries, Perty is a large lad. He positively dwarfs Angron, even without the added height advantage of a dead Knight.

 photo Perty5.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Holy sh!t, incredible stuff as always. I just can't see using these models in a game, but they sure would look damn cool in the display case. Amazing works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Just... wow. Great stuff Mr Bat!

    ReplyDelete